Monday, January 27, 2014

Flowerboy Fatshion: OOTD 1/26/14


being a fat, nonbinary 꽃미남 on a budget can be hard work in the fashion department. I usually shop a mix of plus size, juniors, men's and thrift to create my looks. and since my day job is as a nanny, I don't often get to wear anything besides t-shirts and sweatpants. so a trip to the farmers market with my boo is a rare chance to get a little fancy.

Korean fashion is pretty serious bizness. it's very on trend, combining a bold statement piece and accessories with comfy classics. my goal for this year is to really step up my fatshion game and spend more wisely. i often get caught up in buying a bunch of not-quite-right pieces super cheap at thrift stores and then never wear them - i'm realizing i need to be more intentional and careful about the clothes i buy. and putting my costuming skills to work to embellish simple garments! 

the black cardi with faux leather panels is from I.N.C. (plus size). I was drawn to the drapey witchy-ness of it, and of course the mixed material look. I'm a sucker for anything pleather, mesh, lace or fishnet, and I'm also just a fiend for cardigans. I might add some extra shoulder details though, since it still feels kind of plain.

the tank is just a plain black cotton racerback that is super stretchy and soft. since it was cold out i put on my gray and black scarf from H&M. I love the idea of lightweight scarves for styling and I'm still figuring out how best to wear them. but they def make me feel cute and are a great detail. as much as I would like to own more, they aren't something I feel like I can spend on, so I just have the one, but I love it. it's also big enough to double as a fort and can be swung around like a feather boa, so it helps with the nannying too. 

the jeans are Mossimo brand from Target. I love the detailing and the super snug fit without constricting my calves. i don't love the wash though. i have a slightly vintage green version of these with studs on the hip but the material is thinner and less fitted. tight pants are definitely a 꽃미남 staple and I struggle to find ones that work for my body. these also have a 29" inseam...great for my short legs! I want to try wearing them cuffed/cropped above the ankle, too. 

makeup is my usual 꽃미남 face: 
Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in Black
MAC eyeshadow in Concrete
Etude House Crystal Tear Powder in Gold
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle
TooFaced Lip Injection Color Bomb in Candy Burst
Etude House Woo Baby Lip Plumper

No comments:

Post a Comment